At City National Bank, we believe that you should control your credit card … not the other way around. That's why we are pleased to introduce three new features that make your City National credit cards more flexible, useful and secure.
1) Chip Technology — Most City National Bank credit cards come with a microprocessor chip embedded on the front. Like the traditional magnetic stripe, the chip stores important account information. But the microprocessor also adds an extra level of security to your in-person transactions by using dynamic encryption technology to authenticate, authorize and process each transaction. This makes it more difficult for unauthorized users to copy or access your card information. Also known as EMV, this technology is widely used outside the United States, particularly in Europe, so this feature will help make your City National Bank credit card more convenient when you travel abroad.
For more information on chip technology, visit cnb.com/chipcards.
2) Family Card Functionality — With family card functionality, you can establish and manage individual spending limits for each authorized user on your personal credit card account, monitor transaction activity and much more.
- Set and adjust daily spending limits for all authorized users
- View transaction activity by cardholder and access monthly statements
- Grant other cardholders access to Credit Card Online to view their own transactions, authorizations and/or to make payments on their individual cards
- Establish and manage card alerts for one or more individual cards
In addition, each card issued under your credit card account is assigned a unique number. That way, if a card is lost or stolen, only that individual card will need to be reissued (as opposed to all cards under the account).
If you are the Primary Account Holder* with an activated card and established authorized users, you can get started using this new family card functionality by visiting cnb.com/creditcardonline.
*If the credit card account has multiple account holders (excluding authorized users), the Primary Account Holder is the individual first named in the name and address section on the billing statement.
3) Card Alerts — For your convenience and security, you can now receive notifications about specific purchases or transactions made on your City National credit and check cards via text or email – typically, within seconds of the transaction*. It's a powerful way to monitor and manage spending, and detect unauthorized card use.
- Threshold Alert
- Decline Alert
- Card Not Present Alert
- ATM Withdrawal Alert
- International Alert
- Gas Station Alert
Enrolling is easy. Just access "City National Card Alerts" via cnb.com under the "Sign In" tab and follow the simple instructions to create your profile. To learn more, ask your Relationship Manager or visit cnb.com/card-alerts.
*Actual time to receive an alert is dependent on wireless service and coverage within area. The alerts service may not be available in all areas. Message and data rates from your wireless provider may apply. Certain restrictions apply. See Card Alerts Services Terms and Conditions for full details.
To learn more, please call (888) 804-6450.