New York – City National Bank announced today that for the first time it is making holiday donations even easier for its clients – by allowing them to donate their reward points from their credit cards to several charities as part of their year-end giving plans.
“Who would have thought that a simple piece of plastic could be worth its weight in gold for so many people’s lives?” said Vincent Hruska, senior vice present and manager of Product Solutions and Strategies for City National Bank. “We’re making it easy for our clients to donate points on their credit cards to charities that need the help now more than ever.”
To donate their points, clients need only call their relationship manager or contact City National Bank at firstname.lastname@example.org
. The participating charities are:
- Reading is The way up – City National’s own nonprofit committed to inspiring students with a love of reading. Just 33,000 reward points provides 60 books to school libraries.
- American Heart Assn. ─ Just 11,000 points will give one hospital or healthcare department the resources to educate on stroke prevention and life after stroke.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities ─ Just 22,000 points covers the approximate cost for a two-night stay at a Ronald McDonald House.
- Save the Children ─ Just 5,500 points could help local health workers deliver mosquito nets to five families.
- United Way ─ Just 33,000 points provides a student with three months of academic tutoring in an after-school program.
About City National
City National Bank is the wholly owned subsidiary of City National Corporation (NYSE: CYN). It is backed by $21.8 billion in total assets, and provides banking, investment and trust services through 74 offices, including 17 full-service regional centers, in Southern California, the San Francisco Bay Area, Nevada and New York City. The company and its investment affiliates manage or administer $56.9 billion in client investment assets, including nearly $36 billion under direct management. For more information about City National, visit the company’s Website at cnb.com